May 19, 2008

Weekend Getaway

On Friday, Ben took the day off work. Can you believe it? He actually took a day off!! It was fantastic. His friend Steve, from work, owns a cabin in Heber. So Steve's family and our family spent the night "camping" in their cabin. (which, might I add, is nicer than our home!) On Thursday night, Simon asked Ben if he would buy a tent for him and Nolan to sleep in while we were camping. Ben explained to him, that we were going to be inside, in a cabin. Simon thought for a second, and said, "Daddy, can we sleep in a tent in the cabin?" So, while we were at Walmart getting a few things for our trip, we bought a little tent for the boys. They were thrilled! We had so much fun. The boys LOVED to run around outside. And Bella loved the dirt. She was an absolute mess, but she sure had a great time! Steve and Shannon have three super cute kids. Their oldest, Aubrey, is ten, and she just loved to play with and hold Bella. She also took all of the kids around the cabin on the four wheelers. She is such a sweet girl. We drove the four wheelers down to a little lake/pond, where Ben caught some frogs and a salamander. There was also a cool swing that someone had set up. I couldn't believe it, but Simon even took a ride! I thought he would be too chicken. It went pretty high off the ground. All in all, it was a fun little weekend getaway with the family. We always love it when Ben takes time off work to hang out with us, and I just LOVE being in the mountains! Now I just need a cabin!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

gzHow fun! It would be nice to have a cabin, for a getaway anytime of year! Your kids are sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tessa. You probably don't remember me, but I had seminary and I think dance with you at Granger. I've been checking out your blog through Sarah and Amber's over the past few weeks and just thought I would tell you that I love it! You are so creative and your kids are so adorable!