May 2, 2008

The Ben Face


I just LOVE this picture. Doesn't Simon just look so grown up? This is what I like to call...the Ben face. Simon makes this face every time he is concentrating on something. I call it the "Ben face" because that's just what it is...the face that Ben makes when he's fixing something, cooking something, putting something together, or doing anything that requires thought and concentration. I love seeing little pieces of Ben and myself in our children. It's so funny to me, because we didn't teach them how to do things like us...they just do. I see it in their facial expressions, the way they talk, and even in the way they move their hands while they tell a story. This 'Ben face' is a classic example. I'm so grateful that Ben is such a great man and father, for his boys to look up to. If Simon and Nolan can turn out like their father, they will certainly be lucky.

1 comment:

julianne orth said...

that is cute. I think it is funny sometimes i don't realize i say certain things or do certain things until i see my kids do it and then i realize where they are getting it from! the bad thing is they pick up on everything, good and bad, i find i watch what i say and do a lot more now that i have little copycats.