May 12, 2008

Mother's Day


My Mother's Day this year came a little early. On Thursday, I went to a Relief Society activity, and Ben stayed with the kids. When I got home, the garage door was locked. I knocked, and I could hear Simon saying, "I want to open it...can I open it now?" He ran to the door, opened it, and immediately said, "Mom! Come find your presents!" There was Ben, coming up right behind him saying, "No Bud, don't say anything!" After a lot of pleading from Simon, Ben let Simon tell me where they were. He led me down to the basement, and straight to the toy box. He opened it up, reached in, grabbed the treat and said, "Mommy, can I have one of your treats?" How do you say no to that cute little stinker?

Simon just isn't very good at keeping things secret. At Christmas, I made the mistake of buying Ben a present with Simon. As soon as Ben came home from work, Simon said, "Come on Daddy, mommy hid your present upstairs!" If you don't want somebody to know about a present, you make sure that Simon knows nothing about it.

Mother's Day (yesterday) was great too! We went to church and had lunch with my mom, and had dinner with Ben's mom. Every year, Ben's mom has one picture taken of her and her kids, one with her, her children and their spouses, and one with her and the grandkids. I also took some pictures of Simon and Nolan, since I had my camera out! They turned out very well! I hope that all of the mother's had a great day!

5 comments:

Shara Parker Park said...

Cute pictures! I still can't believe you have 3 kids..Holy Cow!

MY KIDS, MY LIFE, OUR STORY! said...

Tessa,
Those pictures are so cute! Your kids are adorable. I can't believe how big Simon looks in those pictures. He is growing up so fast.
LOVE YA,
Amanda

Sarah said...

Your kids are adorable. How is it with 3? I'm trying to prepare myself!

Malia said...

Those pictures are amazing - you are SO good. You are a wonderful mom. I just read your other blog and I you just impress me so much. Love ya!

Talbot Family said...

You are such a cute little mom! Happy Mother's Day to you! Hooray for presents!!