June 4, 2008

Six Years

Last Saturday, Ben and I celebrated...I guess celebrated isn't the best word...we had our sixth anniversary! Celebrated isn't the best word to use, because we really didn't do much celebrating. We were hard at work in our backyard in the morning, and we went to Baby Bauer's birthday party in the evening. Even without any kind of celebration, I'm perfectly happy with the way we spent our anniversary. It means I get a backyard soon! Happy anniversary to me!! I tried to surprise Ben with his nice new grill that I bought him. However, I've never once been able to surprise him with anything. He guessed his gift the night before. He's really quite mean...he knows it's hard for me to lie to him about anything, even trying to conceal a gift, and he uses it to his advantage!
Anyway, I really can't believe that it's been six years. It seems like we were just getting married not too long ago. I still remember every little detail about our wedding day...and that's saying something, for me! Now, six years later, we have three kids, one on the way, a dog, and a mortgage. My, oh my, how time flies!
I just love being married to Ben. He is such a great man. He works so hard to give his family everything that we need and want. I'm so grateful that we were sealed in the temple. Knowing that I get to be with him for eternity, brings me so much joy.
I have put a few "then and now" pictures in a slide show. Funny how you can change in six short years.
Oh, and I really was kidding about the 'one on the way' comment. Really.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

That's awesome! THe pictures are cute, and you two look the same. Lucky! And I almost choked on my cereal when you said #4 on the way.:)

Momberger said...

HOLY CRAP! When I read that you had one on the way I grabbed my phone and started dialing your number while I finished reading and then I got to the bottom and hung up. Wowza! That sent me for a loop. Anyway, happy anniversary you two! Matt and I both love you guys very much and wish you the best!

Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler said...

(Actually Sherri)
Yeah, so my first comment was deleted...I don't know what happened. I'm not very technically inclined. (Notice how I have to use Tyler's account to post a comment) Baby steps to new technology. Anyway, I just wanted to say Happy Anniversay! Your pictures were fun to look at, you guys are just so darn cute!

jenilynd said...

Congrats! I loved the joke you pulled. Good luck with getting the rest of your lawn in. We can help with it this weekend or watch some kids for ya.

Shara Parker Park said...

I could have killed you for that joke about one on the way. Nick totally had me going that you were expecting and I knew nothing about it. Congrats on the 6 years, that is awesome. And Happy Birthday to Ben! You guys have been busy.

julianne orth said...

I think i just choked too! #4 wow tessa- you guys need to find another hobby.. just kidding- that's what people always tell me. congrats, that is cool. I still can't believe we are old married folk either.

julianne orth said...

ok now i'm confused... well are you pregnant? i guess not since i just read the other comments

julianne orth said...

that is funny, i didn't even read the rest of your post cuz i was so alarmed by you saying one on the way.
funny funny. yes i am still blonde

Talbot Family said...

You know, it's not April fools any more you turkey! I was thinking you go girl! But now I'm thinking, why not another one? You still look young and vibrant! Just wait until you are staring 30 in face and it is reflecting wrinkles and sun spots back at you! Here's to 50 more years of sheer "Bliss" I know I am so funny ;)