March 12, 2010

Blogging Blah's

I haven't been much of a blogger lately. I am finding that there are a lot of things I'd like to get done before we have another baby, and when I'm not doing anything. . .I want to be doing just that, nothing. :) Blogging seems to get put on the back burner quite often. I'm not going to promise that I'll be better. . .because I know I won't. But I will give you a quick little update on what has been going on at the Bliss residence.

It has been the coldest Winter North Carolina has seen in 30 years! Ugh. We leave Utah to get away from the cold and snow. . .and this is what we get! It has been sooooo cold here. We also had a "huge" snow storm that closed down dang near everything. It was expected to snow on a Friday afternoon. . .so naturally, since they THOUGHT it might snow, they cancelled all of the church activities that the ward had planned for the weekend. It did end up snowing on Friday. . .this is a picture of our house after the unimaginable amount of snow. . .haha!
You can still see the grass! The kids loved playing in the snow. They only lasted for 30 minutes or so, because it was so dang cold.

They ended up canceling church on Sunday because of how far most people had to drive. School was canceled on Monday, and they had a delayed start on Tuesday due to the weather "situation." It all seemed a little extreme coming from a Utahn. To their credit. . .the roads were like ice. We could have gone ice skating in our driveway if we had the right equipment. :) They also don't have the snow plows and salt trucks etc. to deal with it all. I also don't think people know how to drive in the snow or on ice around here. But still, it was a little strange. I had never even heard of church being canceled.

We have a brand new church building too! We have gone from a 30 minute drive to church down to an 8 minute drive! Hallelujah! Sundays are still pretty long days around here, but it's a little more bearable with the church so much closer. It is still kind of strange to go to church every week. It is the exact same building as the new one we were in before we moved here. Our bishop even has the same office as our Utah bishop had. I keep thinking I should see people from our old ward when I walk in. I am disappointed every time though. It makes me sad.

The kids are growing like weeds, as I'm sure you can tell by the pictures of them on the sidebar. They sure are cute little stinkers!

Simon is doing amazing in school. He is super smart, loves to read and do math (got that from his dad). He is at the top of his class and loving it.

Nolan has been an angel lately. He is the funniest kid. I just love talking to him and hearing all of the funny things that he comes up with. He is thrilled to pieces to be going to preschool next year. It makes me sad to think that he is getting so big. We are working on getting him to stop sucking his fingers. So far, nothing is working.

Isabella is doing amazing at potty training. I consider her D-O-N-E done! She doesn't have to be reminded anymore, and she goes all by herself! The only diapers we use are the ones that she wears during naps and at night! Hooray for Bella! Hooray for me!!

Malia is still kicking away. I am being induced a little early to make sure there is a baby here when Ben's mom comes. So, I have about two weeks left! Hooray for me again! It seems odd to think that we will have four kids soon. I've been yelled at by a number of people because they haven't seen my big fat belly. . .so here you go. It's not the greatest picture in the world, but it will have to do. . .now stop whining!
I imagine my next post will be pictures of a sweet baby Malia! Maybe sometime soon I will get around to posting pictures of the rest of the rooms in our house that I've finished too. All in good time. :)

12 comments:

The Oldroyd's said...

That is crazy how far they go with a little snow. But I guess when your not use to it or prepared then it is understandable. I do remember once when I was little our church got canceled because of snow.

Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby.

Lindsay said...

Oh my, that is so funny about the snow! We'd have to literally be snowed in for them to cancel anything here!

I knew we were due date buddies, but our babies could have the same bdays! :) I'm being induced in 2 weeks...March 27th! Can't wait to see your little one! And I love the name you picked!

Heidi Hillman said...

Wow, "huge" snowstorms there are a little different than we're used to. Your family is so sweet and we definitely miss seeing you at church! Can't wait to see the little one!

Shara Parker Park said...

You are so cute! And your house, wow! It is amazing! I can't wait to see the new baby, good luck! Miss you!

Momberger said...

I miss you

The Bunker Family said...

Super cute baby belly pic! Also, totally know where you are coming from with the snow - the first time they cancelled church when I moved here 9 years ago I was floored. Who does that?! Well, I can tell you it happens at least once a year. At least it's nice to have a family day at home. Good luck with Malia's birth!

Katie said...

Wow. I am a little teary-eyed right now from reading your post. I miss you all so much. I am so sad that I can't be there when our little chicken nugget comes. Kiss her sweet head for me. Love you!!!

Jenn said...

Tessa you are SO cute! Good luck on the delivery :)

MathisFam said...

It's weird that they cancel everything for that snow and we got 7 inches the other day and nothing. You are so cute prego! It makes me want to be pregnant again a little. Not enough to actually be pregnant, but it puts the thought in my head.

Greg and Heather said...

Sounds like everything is going well for you guys. I'm so happy for you! I would be frustrated too with the cold weather. It would happen to be the coldest in 30 years when you move there. We miss you here in the ward too. I have a big belly going on too...and I still have 3 months to go! Good luck!

Glenn Amber Evans said...

Wow your house is Huge!!! You look so cute and your not huge by the way you look great!!! Happy Birthday on Tues :)

Sherri said...

Good luck in the upcoming weeks! I can't wait to see pictures of little Malia! Yeah!