October 29, 2009

Curly-Q. . .Or Not.

I decided that since Princess Bella has such long hair, I would try putting curlers in. Worst case scenario, her head would be a poof ball and we would just wash out the curls. Best case, she would look super cute with all of her curls.

It's funny, because I remember, quite well, when my mom would put curlers in my hair. I loved that my hair was so curly when I woke up and took them all out, but I hated everything else about it. I hated sitting there while she put them in, and I definitely hated sleeping in them. They aren't comfortable at all, no matter what the package might say. I say it's funny because here I am, subjecting my daughter to the same torture that I had to go through! Ha!

She was so good while I put them in. She just sat there looking in the mirror smiling at herself. Here she is with her curlers in. Don't you think she looks so sweet and angelic in this picture?
Well, you are wrong.

When Ben and I were on our way to bed, I thought I'd go in Bella's room and see if the curlers were staying in while she slept. This is what I found. . .the little stinker.Three curlers made it through the night. Three. I'm pretty sure the only reason they made it was because she couldn't reach the top of her head to take them out.

The plan was to post a cute before and after picture. However, since none of my plans typically work out (especially when Bella is involved) I guess I'll settle with a cute before picture and a not-so-cute after. . .Dang Kid.

And this picture just because I think it's so funny. . .

9 comments:

Jenn said...

HAHAHA oh man. I totally remember sleeping in curlers too and I can definitely see why she'd yank them out. Perhaps when she's a bit older and understands that sometimes beauty = pain she'll give it another shot ;) I think your little photo shoot plan turned out well though, even if it wasn't as you expected :)

The Bunker Family said...

That's hilarious - I think Sydney would do the same thing. Although I don't think she would sit so nicely while putting the curlers in! Maybe it will work next time!

Sarah said...

I totally remember sleeping in curlers! I HATED everyting but the girls just like you:) Oh well... she's still a cute kid!!!

The Oldroyd's said...

That is so funny. Brooklynn attempted to sleep in curlers once but wouldn't sleep. So we don't do it anymore. I guess that is the same for Bella. Well she sure looked cute with them in. Too bad it didn't work.

julianne orth said...

that is so funny, my girls used to let me put curlers in their hair, now i guess they are too cool or something, whatever i guess. I love the curls. I have tried putting their hair in curlers while their hair is damp and blow drying it with the curlers in and that seemed to work, but like i said, that was a while ago because curls are apparently stupid now or something

Greg and Heather said...

her hair is really long! the curls that made it look really cute. maybe you can sneak in when she's asleep to put the curlers in.

Momberger said...

Her hair is so long Lou!!!! Holy Geezo. I didn't realize. But then again I haven't seen her in months. :( I miss you and that mischevious lil princess!

hollyw said...

hee hee...you have to LOVE the little stinkers!!!

Sherri said...

That is hilarious! I love it! Could she be any cuter?