October 11, 2008

The "Zoon"


Every time we get in the car, Nolan says "Are we going to the Zoon mommy?" (that's the zoo) I'm not sure why he started asking that, but we finally decided to take the kids to see the animals. Nolan was so ecstatic when we told him where we were going.
This was Bella's first trip to the zoon. She loved seeing all of the animals. She pointed at all of them and got so excited.
Simon had to have a map of the zoo. Every time we go, he gets another one. Then he tells us which way we have to go. "First we go past the monkeys, then the elephants, and then we get to the bears. We have to go this way...then that way...then that way." I'm not really sure if he has just been to the zoo enough times that he knows it that well...or if he's actually reading the map. Probably the first one, but he sure does love those maps! He also had to climb on every statue.
It was such a nice day. There weren't very many people there, and the animals were up, moving around. It was perfect!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Your family will probably always call the zoo "zoon" now. I love how kids interpret things.

When Talmage was 2 he pronounced McDonalds as "haMcDonalds". He said it that way until last year....Tyler and I still call it that. It will always be "haMcDonalds" to us.

It's nice the animals were moving for you. Maybe October is the prime month to go!

Jenn said...

You guys are such a cute family!!

The Oldroyd's said...

We love the zoo too. We got a year pass and love it so we try to go often! I am glad you guys had fun.

jenilynd said...

sounds like a fun day. You are better then me, I would say it was to cold to go. =)

Talbot Family said...

We have had seasons passes the past couple of years and make it a point to go as often as possible. I swear that I renew my passes for the Kettle corn, mmmmmm. The zoo is best in the Fall when the animals are actually active. The last time we went the cougars were pacing and hissing at us. Very cool. I am glad you had a great time at the zoon.