October 2, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys


I have a feeling that we may be dealing with some broken bones sooner than I might like. Today, while at the store, the boys got some balloons. While Nolan took a nap, his balloon waited for him at the top of the room by the ceiling. When he woke up he was so sad because he couldn't reach it. Simon, the thinker, said "Nolan, I have a great idea. I know how you can get your balloon. You just climb up to the top of my bed, and just jump off and when your going down down down down, you just catch it with your hand on your way down!! Then that's how you'll have your balloon. It's easy."
What a great idea. Let's send the three year old, who isn't afraid of anything...and will do anything big brother tells him to do, to jump off the top bunk. Notice how Simon didn't say he would do it...he's the thinker. Simon is always "daring" Nolan to do things, and Nolan acts with no reservations!
I smell trouble.

1 comment:

julianne orth said...

yes you are in trouble... my friend has 4 boys, and i don't envy her. I probably will when they are teenagers though :)