October 26, 2008

Halloween Fun

I love Halloween! It is my second favorite holiday (Christmas is by far my very favorite). I love all the decorations, I loved dressing up when I was younger, and I especially love getting the kids dressed up. Oh, and getting candy isn't all that bad either! I love all of the parties and going trick-or-treating. I just love all of it! This year for Halloween, Simon wanted to be Darth Vader again.
That's what he was last year. However, I didn't complain, and I certainly didn't try to talk him out of it. That means less money we spend on costumes! (I think Ben is wearing off on me...I sound a lot like him)

We told Nolan that he could be Spiderman and he was thrilled to death about that. Ben and I were pretty happy about it too, since we already had that costume also. Bella was going to be a ballerina. I made her a cute little tutu, and I was going to buy a little leotard. However, I went to the salvation army with Jeri Lynn, Katie, and Angela, and they found the cutest little witch dress! It was only one dollar! So, Bella is now dressing up as a witch, and a very cute one if I do say so myself!


Since this weekend was the last before Halloween, it was quite busy for us!
On Saturday, we had the Drummond family Halloween party. It was loads of fun! We dipped apples in caramel and various toppings, played Halloween bingo, had a candy corn toss (Bella and Acelin were the biggest helpers...they just crawled over and kept putting the pieces that everyone missed into the cauldron), bobbed for apples (I got my apple out in the fastest time! and Simon and Nolan were the only little kids to try it!), had a cake walk, earned prizes for winning or in some cases just playing the games, and ate yummy food!

Saturday evening our ward had a Halloween party that was a chili cook-off. Ben took the kids to that activity. He said that it was really fun, and the kids loved it. They had tons of different foods/desserts, and fun activities for the kiddies. I wasn't able to attend, because I went to thriller with the in-laws! I love watching the amazing talent that those dancers have. The men especially were fantastic! I wish I had half of their talent. I think it's a fun little Halloween concert. It made me miss dancing!



Tonight we had the Bliss family Halloween party. Jeri Lynn always makes a very spooky dinner! We had worms in blood (spaghetti in spaghetti sauce) with eyeballs floating around, (meatballs with a little green pimento olive thing inside) bones (breadsticks), and a muddy little dessert (chocolate pudding with Oreo's crushed on top, and gummy worms sticking out). All of the kids got a pumpkin prize with all sorts of goodies in it. We took tons of pictures (big shocker right?) and some of us played a little bit of pinochle (love that game!).

It was a very fun and eventful weekend!

5 comments:

Greg and Heather said...

Wow! You've been busy. We haven't had any halloween parties.
It's great to not have to spend much for halloween! Spend it on something else...

The Oldroyd's said...

That is cute. I LOVE Halloween too. That is nice that you hardly spent anything on costumes. We have been a little busy but my sister in law is making Brooklynn's costume this week and someone gave me a costume for Cameron so we are almost ready.

Talbot Family said...

Very cute, and it looks like a lot of fun. I am glad that you are able to do so many fun things with family and friends. That is what I love about the Holidays.

Sherri said...

I think Ben IS rubbing off on you! Look at you.....finding a $1.00 Halloween costume! Way to go Tessa.

julianne orth said...

i love your little girls costume! so cute! i love halloween too!