March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Simon!

Our sweet Simon just turned five on Saturday! We let him have a friend birthday party this year. He was so excited. I told him he could invite five friends. . .and Nolan had to be one of them. :) So, he invited Nolan, Callaway and Noah who are neighbors, Collin his cousin, and Carter from preschool. (Bella stayed at my mom's house, thanks mom!)
They all met at our house, and as soon as everyone was there, we loaded them up and took them to Chuck E. Cheese.
They were all so excited and they were so good! They thought it was so cool to go play games with their "money." I think the favorite of all the boys was air hockey.
For Ben and I it was a living Hell. There were so many people there. You had to wait in line for a lot of the games. There is pretty much NO parent supervision, so there are kids butting in line, and playing a game ten times. Then there were adults who were playing the games, making the little kids wait in line. Hello? It was kind of pathetic.
Luckily for Ben and I, the boys didn't even notice, and they had a great time! Which, I guess, is all that matters! After the boys used all of their coins, and were filled up on pizza and soda, we went back to our house for cake, ice cream, and presents! Simon had a great birthday party! He is still thanking me for letting him have a friend party and go to Chuck E. Cheese.

We love our little Buddy so much. He is just the sweetest boy. You can't help buy fall in love with Simon when you meet him. He is so nice to everyone, and he is so incredibly smart. I'm kind of sad that he is getting so big. . . I can't believe we have a five year old!

4 comments:

Greg and Heather said...

happy b-day simon! looks like you had fun. you're brave to take them all there.

jenilynd said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't know that place was still open!

Momberger said...

I just love that lil Buddy! He is so big and getting so dang smart! Happy Birthday Buddy!

Jenn said...

Ahhh that is cute he had a fun birthday. You're right he really is a sweet kid. I remember when you guys came over, he knocked on the door and when I opened it he was all "Hi Jennifer" - it was SO cute!