April 17, 2008

Softball Season Begins

Last night was the first game of the new softball season with the family co-ed team! Hooray! Actually, I have to be honest, I was dreading this day. Last year Nolan was so difficult at the games. I could hardly stand him! He was just old enough to want to do everything Collin and Simon were doing, but not old enough to be trusted to run off and play. And Frankly, Collin and Simon would never have kept an eye on him last year. I love to go watch the games, but that hasn't really happened in the past. I usually end up running around after kids making sure they stay within the given boundaries. This year, I was willing to try again. I'm not pregnant this time, maybe I'd have more patience.It was so cold last night at the game. Lucky for me Ben's mom doesn't do cold weather so she stayed home with Bauer and Bella, in the nice warm house. (Lucky for me because I didn't have to have Bella in the cold, not because Ben's mom wasn't there...let's get that straight) So, I had Collin, Simon, and Nolan. They were angels! Nolan was even good, if you can believe that! My two friends Shara and Amber came to play, and Shara's husband Nick came along to watch. Collin, Simon and Nolan LOVED Nick. He was so nice to play with them! They threw the ball to each other and rolled it along the bleachers. All three of them had a great time! Toward the end of the game, it was so cold. All the kids wanted to do was wrap up in blankets and get warm. Nick took a couple pictures of the boys in their blankets for me, but it's not letting me add them. I'll have to post them later! I'll put the schedule on here too, just in case anyone decides they want to come watch. Anyway, in true Bliss fashion, we won the game. In true Tessa fashion, I don't remember the score. It was 20-1 or something close to it. Could you expect anything less for the first game of the season? I'm actually looking forward to going to the games this year. They are really quite good! I also don't think Nolan will be such a minion of Satan this year. Nick, thanks for the help. You can come entertain the boys any time you want! Good luck team!!

2 comments:

Momberger said...

I am so sad that I missed that game!! I will only have to miss one more though! Hooray! GO TEAM!

Talbot Family said...

Very cleverly written. I loved the "minion of satan" part. Laughed my head off. Go Bliss family, I am glad y'all are playing together having a good time and hopefully won't be freezing to death too much longer:)