March 17, 2008

Bittersweet Birthday

My birthday was bittersweet this year. Sweet just because it was my birthday. We went to Ben's parents house for dinner, played pinochle and the wii and had a good time. Bitter because one of my best friends died yesterday. Tanya had been in the hospital since last Wednesday due to some complication of a disease she was battling. Yesterday, they took her off of life support and she left us. For the last five days all I have been able to think about is her family that she has left behind and the memories that I have of her. She moved into our neighborhood when I was in elementary. However, I don't recall her ever not being my friend. Shara, Amber, Tanya and myself were always together. Even after we would get in a fight, it wasn't long before we were calling each other to see if they wanted to play. We used to play tetherball in her yard, and make up dances in her living room. I read Shara's blog post about her and it was funny to me. Shara remembered Tanya's hairspray. It may seem silly to most of you, but I was just thinking on Saturday how I remember that same hairspray and how we all wanted it because Tanya had it. I remember sitting in her room listening to the song 'Don't go chasing waterfalls' by TLC. We had a HUGE crush on Jonathan Brandis and watched 'Ladybugs' over and over just to look at him. I will miss Tanya so much. I loved her and will always remember all the good times we had together. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation. To know that we can see Tanya again is a comforting thought with all of the sadness around us. I know that Tanya is with our Heavenly Father smiling at all of us. She is happy and doesn't have to fight with disease or worldly problems. My love and my prayers go out to her poor little family. I can't imagine what they must be going through. I have included a picture of Tanya. Please keep her family in your prayers. They need the strength that comes from our Heavenly Father as we pray for them.

5 comments:

Momberger said...

We were so sorry to hear of your loss Tessa, and even on your birthday. It is good to know that she is in a better place now. We will keep her and her family in our prayers. We love you guys!

Shara Parker Park said...

Anytime I read anything about Tanya, I am so saddened. I will be just sitting here at work and break out into tears. Thank you for sharing your memories about her. She was a good friend to us. Love you.

MY KIDS, MY LIFE, OUR STORY! said...

Tessa,
I will keep her and her sweet family in my prayers. The only thing that brings me peace when I hear a sad story like this is knowing they will be together again. I can't even imagine losing someone and not knowing that I would see them again. We are so lucky to have this knowledge and the church in our lives. Take care and I am so sorry for this loss.
LOVE YA,
Amanda

Glenn Amber Evans said...

Tessa, Yours and shara blogs are so moving to me. I have so many emotions and things i want to say but i just cant put them into words. You two have always expressed your feelings so well. I too think of tanya so much. And like shara when i'm at work and all alone just cry. I cant believe that she is gone. All i can do is think of all the fun memories that we all had together. Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts.
Amber

Talbot Family said...

We are sorry to hear about your loss. I lost a best friend while I was pregnant with Addie and it was a real struggle. Stay strong and remember she is always close by. In the movie "Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium" he tells a boy that he doesn't die, light bulbs die, he will depart. I loved that line because departing isn't permanent. She has just departed for a time until you return to her.

We love you.