May 9, 2011

A Few Random Things. . .

I thought I'd post a few random things from the last month or so.

Simon has been playing soccer this Spring. Thankfully, for Ben's sake as well as my own (because now I don't have to hear Ben whining about Simon's skill level), Simon is a ton better! He actually goes for the ball instead of following in the back of the pack. His new love is being goalie.


This is what Bella does when she doesn't get her way. . .and she looks like this a lot. :)

I found this little fella in our laundry room. Nolan wanted to keep it as a pet, but I told him he needed to take it outside. . .he'd be happier there. :) When Nolan didn't come back, I went to check on him. I found him sitting on our porch with his new buddy.


We went to this great place for the ward camp out. We only stayed for an evening to let the kids play and have s'mores. . .but they had a great time! I definitely want to go back there again.
Nolan, Simon and Bella played in the lake, and used their water bottles to catch tadpoles. Malia was fascinated by the little frog Ben found. The poor froggie got a little squished. . .I'm sure he was happy to get away from Malia's tiny pincers.


Last but not least. . .for Mother's Day, Simon woke up early and made me breakfast in bed! He's such a cute boy. He made me oatmeal (which I'm sure he made before he got anything else), got me milk with ice, an apple, string cheese and a rice crispy treat. He gave me a pink cup and green plate and bowl because he knew those were my favorite colors. It was his idea to do breakfast in bed. He said he wanted me to have the best Mother's Day ever. Ben told him to wait until 7:00 to bring it to me. . .but as you can see from the clock, I think he got a little excited.
Here is this year's Mother's Day picture. It's not the greatest, but it's the best we can do after church, before nap time, and with four kids who hate getting their picture taken. As you can see, they aren't interested in smiling or looking at the camera. I do love these kids! With breakfast in bed, a three hour nap, dinner and dessert at a good friends house, and me not changing any diapers. . .this was the best Mother's day ever. :)




1 comment:

Sarah said...

4 is hard, but I think 3 was harder. Life is crazy and busy, but so fun. Your family is sooo cute!