September 17, 2010

Part One

I realize that I haven't been very good at blogging. Things keep happening and I think that I'll post about it. . .and then I remember that I haven't posted for a long time and I need to do the earlier events. . .then I put it off. . .and one more event gets added into the cue. So, I decided that instead of cleaning while the girls are napping, I'll get everyone caught up on our life. :) (Ben will be so happy. . .HA!) Here it goes. . .

Simon started first grade this year. He loves it. The only thing he has a hard time with is getting up early. He really, truly, begs me to get him to bed early. If he's not in bed at 7:00. . .even if it's two minutes later. . .her breaks down and worries about not getting enough sleep. The reason he sometimes doesn't get enough sleep is because he has to be at the bus stop at 6:52! That is sooooo early! We are getting used to it and he hasn't been complaining about lack of sleep lately. Here he is on his first day. . .

Simon also started soccer. That is his favorite thing to do. The only problem. . .he has practice until 7:30 on Tuesdays. . .that doesn't go over well. Poor Buddy. :) He has his first game this Saturday, so I'll try to be good and post some pictures.

Nolan started preschool! :( It makes me sad when the kids start school. That means they are growing up. . .I want them to stay little and tiny. Nolan loves school! I was worried he was going to hate it (since he hates going to class at church). On the first day I asked him how he liked it and he said "I like school, it was fun. . .except for the part where you have to sit on the carpet. They told us that we have to keep our mouth shut and be quiet. . .it's so stupid! I don't like that part." Since that first day, he has gotten a lot better about "keeping his mouth shut." His teachers tell me that he is really good! Yay Nolan! Here he is on his first day. . .


Isabella started dance class today. I think I was more excited for her than she was! It is so much fun to have a little girl in dance! She did an awesome job too! She did everything the teacher did, and actually listened!! They don't allow parents in the room, but they do have a video streamed into a waiting area. So, I got to watch her do her thing. I wish I could have taken more pictures and recorded some. . .but these will have to do.


Malia is growing like a weed! She is almost sitting up! She is such a good baby. Here's a few pictures from the last four months. . .


We had a super busy Summer. The best part was going to Utah! We had tons of fun. I'll let the following pictures tell part of the story. . .


I have a lot more pictures from Utah but they are on Ben's computer. I'll post those later. Right now, I'm holding Malia. . .and she's trying to grab the keyboard. . .such a helper! I'll post more on our Summer adventures soon!

4 comments:

Momberger said...

The kids are all getting so big!!! I'm so glad they all like school and that my sweet Bella baby started dance class! That is so exciting! We miss you guys a lot. Make sure you keep me updated all time. Now that I don't have anyone else around i feel so out of the loop.

Jenn said...

Love the update Tessa!

Greg and Heather said...

oh my! that's SO early for them to go to school. wow! our boys get on the bus about 8:15. i can't believe how big your kids are getting.

The Bunker Family said...

I love the update on your family - your kids are all gorgeous!