June 8, 2009

Catch Up


I know, I'm a total slacker. I've been busy. . .really I have.
So, about soccer . . . Nolan doesn't play anymore. We took him to one last game so I could record him playing. He kicked a goal and everything! As soon as he kicked the goal, he came walking off the field saying "I don't want to play soccer." We figured that if kicking a goal doesn't do it for him, nothing will. We decided not to fight him about it. He sure is a cute little stinker though!

Simon is still playing, and loves every minute of it. Ben really wants him to kick another goal, so he has upped the price payed for making a goal to five dollars. . .but Simon still hasn't made another one, even with the incentive. Two goals is good though, right!? . . .I think it is! Simon also graduated from Preschool! He's getting so big. He starts kindergarten next year! YIKES! It was fun to watch him sing all of the songs, and show some of the things they learned throughout the year. He did awesome on the little test they give the kids going to kindergarten the next year. His teacher said he was one of the smartest kids and he was at the top of his class!

Mother's Day was great! I just love being a mommy. There's nothing better.Ben had a birthday yesterday! He is 29. . .so old! It's actually quite strange to think that he is almost thirty. Anyway, we had dinner at his parents house. They cooked yummy steak and funeral potatoes per Ben's request. Yummy! Happy Birthday Babe!

Oh, and one minor thing that has kept us a little busy. Nothing major, we're just moving to North Carolina in July, that's all. :) We are so excited! . . .I'll explain later!

And just because I feel like she got left out of this post. Here is a funny picture of my princess. This is what she does when she doesn't get her way. If she were on the floor, she'd be rolling around and kicking her feet. She's an angel. :)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

What? You're moving! Can't wait to hear the story:)

The Bunker Family said...

Sounds like you have been busy! Glad you are joining the rest of us on the East Coast - can't wait to hear all about it!

Jenn said...

So sad to hear you guys are leaving :( But if it sounds like you're really excited about it so that's great! You gotta do what is best for you and your family! BTW I think it's the cutest thing that Nolan doesn't want to play soccer hahaha his face is classic in that picture.

the nayz said...

I have got to hear the story! We LOVE LOVE LOVE North Carolina and would move there if given the chance. I am on the edge of my seat. I actually forgot what the rest of your post was about because that caught me so off guard.

Unknown said...

I was so sad to hear that you guys were moving...I was just getting to know you. Well, at least we are now bloggin' friends and we can always keep in touch this way. =)

Momberger said...

I sure am going to miss you guys. I know we dont chat a lot or hang out but I really am going to miss having you around. I just love you, Ben, and my sweet littles.

Greg and Heather said...

i had no idea you were moving! i'm glad that you're excited about it. we're sure going to miss you guys!

Lindsay said...

I think Simon got another 2 or 3 goals on Saturday's soccer game - that' could get expensive! We're going to miss you guys a ton! Glad we can stay in touch with blogs!!!