August 31, 2008

Bella's First Words


This post is quite a bit late...that seems to be how all of my posts are lately. About three weeks ago, Bella said her first words. I'm not really sure which came first, they were all said around the same time. She has always said "dadadadadada", to me...she was just making noise. Now she has started to say just "Dad" when she sees or wants Ben. She has also been saying "this" and "that". It's pretty cute, she points to things she wants and says "dat, dat" or "dis, dis." The other thing that I think she has started to say...but I'm not quite sure if she's really saying it or if it's just a coincidence yet, is "bu-ddy." The dang kid will say dad and buddy and I'm the one that fed her for the last year!! Doesn't she know that she's supposed to say MOM?! I think that maybe she already knows that she needs to get daddy wrapped around her finger now...so that she can beg him for things later. Ben just loves it when he hears her say "dad" with a huge smile on her face. She already has him hooked.

2 comments:

Momberger said...

She is just the cutest dang princess ever! I sure do love that baby girl!

Talbot Family said...

You know they say dad first because it is easier right? It certainly isn't because they love dad the most. Come on, we all know that kids love the ones who feed them and that would be the mamma. She is getting so big.