July 21, 2008

A Bit of a Change

Yesterday, our ward boundaries were changed, and they split our ward. Also, Ben was made a high priest and set apart as the first councilor in the bishopric. My grandfather came to do the ordination, and gave a beautiful blessing. It will be interesting to see how everything works when a new ward is created. I know that Ben is excited about this new calling, and will do a great job. During sacrament meeting when they sustained the two new bishoprics, the stake president told the wives to say goodbye to their husbands, as they would be sitting up on the stand every week. I guess I shouldn't have joked around about being pregnant. I believe the joke is on me now, since child number four is on it's way! Church should be fun, don't you think? Ben and I really are excited. I'm a little nervous to have four kids age five and younger, but I think it will be good. Maybe we'll have a girl, and Bella can have a little sister to play with! I'm not joking this time, I'm due at the beginning of March!

11 comments:

jenilynd said...

Congrats on everything!

Malia said...

Wow - that is more than a "bit" of a change! That is SO awesome! Ben is going to be incredible in the bishopric and you will do great with the four kids (congratulations). People take pity on bishopric members wives. You'll get lots of help!

Sarah said...

That is so exciting! MOre power to ya. How old will bella be? CONGRATULATIONS!

Glenn Amber Evans said...

Congrats Tess I think you well be great at it. Congrats!!!! We need to get the girls together and do lunch or something.. What ya think?

Katie said...

Congratulations! I know this is a lot to take in at once but I know that Ben will be awesome in the bishopric and you are already an amazing mom so what's another one right!? You will both be great. We love you and are here if you need anything!

Shara Parker Park said...

I about died when you left me that message. I hope you got my text, it was a little late to call you back. Congrats! I am so excited and nervous for you. 4 KIDS!!! AH! You are a crazy woman, but I love it. You and Ben are wonderful parents and those kids are so lucky to have you. Again Congrats Mamma!

eileen said...

wow!
congratulations!
i'm sure life will be crazy for a while. but for all the right reasons!

Talbot Family said...

Just another cup of water in the soup. The only part that will be challenging is Sacrament meeting. Let us hope that some darling YW will come sit with your family on the bench. Congrats on #4, you will be fine! Ben is perfect for the calling, he is such a great man, and we all know that behind every great man is an amazing woman!

Pate said...

Oh my, you are right that is going to be quite the change. Congratulations on everything! Four kids...that is awesome! Then the bishopric...Pate is laughing right now and says that that is why he doesn't go to church:) Just kidding, he knows Ben is going to do a great job and is very excited for him. Wahoo!

heather said...

My goodness, congrats on what will be a hectic (but well worth it) time. That is so neat.

p.s. thanks again for the photo taking advice, I am still needing to learn a ton more. ;)

Becca said...

wow!!!That is a lot happening at your camp!!!Congratulations on the growing family!!!! That's such a sacrifice...sitting by yourself on Sundays!!! You'll be blessed!